Directions to University College Cork
Cork Airport - airport code ORK - is the only airport in Cork and is 8km from the city centre. Information on airlines and routes that fly into Cork can be viewed on the airport website: www.corkairport.com.
The airport is served by taxis, by public buses and by a private coach company - all stop at the front of the airport.
- There is a taxi rank at the front door of the airport. A taxi to UCC or the city centre will cost about €15.
- Bus Éireann bus 226 connects Cork Airport with the bus station in the city centre (Parnell Place). A single fare costs less than €4.10 and a return costs €7. Tickets can be bought on the bus or at http://www.buseireann.ie/
- A private company Sky Link provides a bus service from the airport to various locations in the city. The driver will drop you to your accommodation if it is on/near their route. A single fare costs €5 and a return ticket is €8 though tickets are often cheaper if bought in advance online at http://www.skylinkcork.com/
- Shannon Airport - airport code SNN - is north of Cork, a 2 ½ hour journey by bus. This is the nearest airport to offer direct flights to and from the USA.
- Dublin Airport - airport code DUB - is north of Dublin City. A number of buses service the route from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre and Airlink offers a direct service to Heuston station on the 748, tickets for which cost €6. The journey takes about 30 mins and a timetable is available at http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/748/. Aircoach offers a coach service direct from Dublin airport to Cork (4 ½ hours, €18 single €28 return http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.cork.php). Trains run from Dublin Heuston to Cork on the hour (3 hours, discounted tickets available online at http://www.irishrail.ie/home/)
Direct Ferries http://www.directferries.ie/ offers information on all ferry routes to Ireland
- Irish Ferries offer direct sailings from Holyhead to Dublin and from Pembroke to Rosslare (Co. Wexford) at http://www.irishferries.co.uk/
- Stenaline offer direct sailings from Holyhead to Dublin Port and Dun Laoghaire (Co. Dublin); from Fishguard to Rosslare (Co. Wexford) at http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/
- P&O Ferries offer direct sailings from Liverpool to Dublin at http://www.poirishsea.com/
By Train and Bus:
Timetables for trains and buses can be viewed and tickets purchased on the following websites:
- Iarnród Éireann: www.irishrail.ie - This is the only train service in the country.
- Bus Éireann: www.buseireann.ie (All airports/cities/towns/villages)
- Air Coach (a private bus company): www.aircoach.ie (Dublin Airport - Dublin - Cork)
- Skylink (a private bus company): www.skylinkcork.com (Cork Airport to hotels and city)
- Eurolines, operated by Bus Éireann, offers a direct bus daily from London to Cork - look for the "Tralee-London" route http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=188
Parking is limited at the university and in the city, where parking discs must be bought. Facilities in UCC are available at the following locations
- Student car park, College Road (Perrott's Avenue)
- Perrott's Inch car park, Gaol Cross
- The Satellite car park, Pouladuff
- The Presentation Brothers College grounds, Dennehys cross